Expert at working with high profile subjects and major organizations on publicity strategy and storylines.
Emmy-nominated multimedia storyteller who takes complex issues and turns them into a strong, clear message.
Eager, success-driven employee who creates compelling written and visual content for traditional and social media platforms.
Writing, editing and proofreading on tight deadlines is second nature after years of journalism experience.
Regional EMMY Nomination (2015, 2016)
National Press Photographers Association and Associated Press Recognition
- Strategize, develop and host live hourly show heard around the world while monitoring breaking news and social media feeds for latest information
- Juggle as many as six roles, including writer and editor, to achieve hourly deadline
- Collaborated cross-functionally with managers and editors to guide political news plans for 26 Hearst television stations that reach 18% of U.S. households
- Researched and produced stories involving complicated issues for syndicated political magazine program, commanding attention and praise of executive leadership
- Developed storytelling concepts from ideation to completion, earning approval of news managers and identifying key guests for segments
- Produced written reports and visual media for publication across media channels
- Key contributor for daily coverage plans, storytelling and digital strategy for prominent issues and events
- Created exclusive content for website and social media with the top engagement in DC
- Led research and original video development for multiple media platforms that extensively delved into high impact regional issues, including city government and the military
- Directed field response during emergency situations, keeping both management and social media updated
- Utilized content management system to create daily articles for WAVY.com
- Nurtured and engaged organic social media following across multiple channels
- Honored with two EMMY nominations on topics of natural disaster and sexual assault
- Solely operated equipment, editing software and CMS for daily story deadlines
- Led regional coverage on natural disasters, as well as other community issues
- Pioneered use of Twitter to disseminate information and gain story leads
- Gained national attention for coverage of high profile cases
B.A. in Broadcast Communications
Minor - Political Science